söndag 7 februari 2010

I could never date a man wearing crocs.


Last week I went to a very interesting seminar at Berghs. One of the speakers was Ove Rönnström who spoke about the connection between cultural science, marketing and adversising and how important that connection is, that the world is a complex place and we need to have the tools on how to read it. One of the things he emphasized was, for exmple, that we all should ask ourselfs "varför är det på detta viset?", but also that what we humans do not see (like hidden norms) really is what means the most. That what a person says he does and what he actually end up doing everyday in reality are two very different things. That we all produce our very own way of looking at the world and that if you want to sell something to someone you should be able to understand that fact and ask them what it is that they want? Ask and understand befor you go on to the action, so to speak.
That last thing may sound a bit obvious but I actually think that it's an important thing to think about. I know that I myself sometimes have a hard time trying to understand how a person could wear crocs to take a shallow example. But if I ever got the task to make an ad for those horrible shoes it would be important for me to throw away all my personal prejudices and just look at them with a new pair of spectacles. Maybe that is something you should do more often, regardless of it being about selling something or making new freinds.
Still one thing is for sure though, I could never date a man wearing crocs, that would be to take it way to far from my safety net of prejudices and personal norms.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar