lördag 20 februari 2010

A night the Royal Opera


Yesterday evening I payed a visit to the ballet here in Stockholm. Both my companion, Anna, and I were completely amazed after seeing the wonderful dancers in Onegin. I really do love going to the ballet, just sitting in the beautiful and luxurious (yes the chairs are very comfortable actually) environment, listening to incredible music that doesn't come from crappy speakers, watching old ladies with their diamonds and furs, and just get totally lost in the performance taking place on the stage. For me, when visiting a concert, opera, or like in this case the ballet, it's important to once in a while close my eyes and just listen, the music often is beyond description and it feels so much more intense if you try to switch off all other senses then the hearing and just focus your attention to all the small detalils, all the small nuances.
It's also quite fantastic to see how the men and women on stage are in such complete control over their bodies. I find it difficult to imagine ever being able to have that dicipline that it must take to be that strong physically, I meant the people are walking on their toes for heavens sake!
So I must say that it's lucky for me my brain is as strong as a horse (no exeggerations in this blog no no) when my thighs aren't.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar